Terms AND Conditions
1. Please read these terms and conditions carefully as, together with your booking confirmation and any conditions we refer to on our website, they make up your agreement with us. These terms and conditions apply to bookings made online, by phone or in person.
2. When you receive your booking confirmation, please contact us as soon as possible if any of the details contained in it are incorrect.
3. Please let us have the names of all guests that are staying. We reserve the right to decline accommodation and to order any unauthorised person off the premises. The person booking the property will be responsible for the obligations and conditions of the booking.
4. Cancellations made 6 weeks or more before arrival date will be refunded but an admin charge of 20% will be charged. Cancellations of less than 6 weeks prior to arrival will only be refunded if accommodation is let to someone else.
5. In the unlikely event of cancellation by the Owner there would be a full refund of any deposit or rent paid.
6. When booking, It is advisable to telephone for confirmation of availability.
7. The Owners accept all bookings in good faith. However, in the unlikely event of the Owners or their agent having to cancel any booking previously confirmed, their liability will be limited to the return in full of any monies paid.
8. Any damages or breakages that may occur must be paid for. A deposit will be taken on arrival.
9. Any complaints must be made known to the Owner immediately. No complaints will be entertained at the end of the hiring period or after the Hirer has departed.
10. Sorry NO smoking or E cigarettes allowed in tents or buildings.
11. We welcome well behaved dogs (limit of 2) but they must be booked in when booking the holiday. A dog pack will be supplied for £25, this will include a freshly laundered dog bed, 2 bowls, an XL dog crate and an 8m long line. Dogs must Not be allowed on the furniture. They must be supervised at all times, never be left unattended and kept on a lead. We recommend that they wear an ID tag. Any damages must be paid for. You will be expected to clean up after them - promptly.
13. Owners reserve the right to enter the tents at all reasonable times for the purpose of inspection and repairs.
14. Please take out your own insurance cover as the Owners cannot be responsible for any loss incurred from theft or damage to your belongings, also arrange cancellation insurance if you wish.
15. Linen is provided i.e.: sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, towels, bathmats, tea towels all included in the price.
16. A high chair, if available can be provided upon request at the time of booking for a fee of £5.
17. A basket of logs will be provided for the wood burning stove. More can be purchased. Only wood supplied by us can be burnt in the woodturning stove in the interests of safety. PLEASE DO NOT BURN ANYTHING ELSE in the woodturning stoves or there maybe a danger of gas poisoning.
18. Wood for the campfire can also be purchased.
Arrival & Departure
19. Arrival times: 3pm-7pm other times by special arrangement.
It is very helpful if you can telephone and advise/update your estimated time of arrival.
Departure time: by 10am (later departure time can sometimes be agreed on a Sunday)
20. Guests are asked to leave their accommodation clean and tidy when vacating, to ensure this a £100.00 cash deposit is required on arrival which is refundable on departure.
21. A map illustrating the boundaries of Gravel Pit Farm will be supplied, you are permitted to walk on the farm, you do so entirely at your own risk, the owner can take no responsibility whatsoever for any accidents that may occur.
Beyond our boundaries we respectfully advise you to stick to footpaths and permitted routes.
22. Children must be supervised at all times as there are deep, unfenced ponds, barbed wire, heavy farm machinery, rabbit holes and other hazards that you would expect in the countryside.
23. Music should be turned down after 10pm.
24. Please behave with respect at all times and don’t disturb other guests and neighbours.
25. There is a low risk of flooding in the area. The area of the campsite is above the area at risk, however there are parts of the access track that may flood. Please ensure that you have provided us with 2 telephone numbers so that if we have an early warning telephone advice from the Environment Agency, we can in turn advise you. We have a 4 wheeled drive vehicle that is suitable to drive through lying water should it be needed.
26. Wifi is provided free of charge. However we cannot be held responsible for the speed of the connection due to the remote location of the tents.
27. Hot and cold water are available at all times. Beware the hot water is HOT, ensure mixer taps are adjusted accordingly. Also due to the remote location of the tents there may be fluctuations in water pressure due to use by other guests.
28. Please let us have all visitors’ car registration numbers for security reasons. (CCTV)
29. Please do not BBQ on the terrace of the tents.
30. If there is a fire, Raise the alarm, evacuate all tents, call 999. If the carbon monoxide, smoke or fire alarm sounds. Evacuate the tent and call 999.